Saturday, June 18, 2011

Joe Girardi reported "most" of your Yankees to the disabled list are going to Tampa. He declined to offer additional detail on Jeter's rehab program.



"I can not explain to you just what exactly may happen there. Let us just get him healthful 1st then we'll see what happens," Girardi said.

The Yankees put Jeter on disabled list Tuesday evening soon after he suffered a calf strain on Monday night inside their reduction on the Indians.

The DL stint puts Jeter's search for three,000 hits on hold for at least 14 days. Jeter, just six hits shy of your 3,000 club, is qualified for disappear in the disabled list on June 29 -- 3 days immediately after his 37th birthday.

Jeter is within the DL the very first time seeing that he suffered a dislocated left shoulder on Opening Evening 2003, a personal injury that price him the very first 36 games of the season.

Eduardo Nunez replaced Jeter in Tuesday's lineup and Ramiro Pena was identified as up from Triple-A Scranton to fill Jeter's i'm all over this the roster.

The Yankees captain caused it to be crystal clear that she wasn't very happy with the go on to those with disability record on Tuesday -- but he realized it.

"I'd fairly not continue on (the DL). For me only could play in 4 to 5 days, or 6 days or one week, it really is a lot better than waiting fifteen," a subdued Jeter explained. "I haven't created residing on the disabled record."

The DL designation also decreases the likelihood that Jeter will make it to the 3,000-hit plateau in your own home.
On June 29, the Yankees will have the 2nd bet on a three-game collection in your own home up against the Milwaukee Brewers, then leave with a six-game excursion, 3 at Citi Subject from the Mets and a few about the Indians in Cleveland.

"Well, I suppose the timing wasn't really good," Jeter explained on Tuesday. "It's annoying but regardless of whether I was not now I'd always be frustrated. I would not like to never play. No matter if I'm about for 3,000 hits or one hundred hits, promoted isn't going to really make a difference if you ask me. I'd prefer out there enjoying. I'm disappointed because Personally i think many men and women feel the need toward obtaining the possibility for see it, primarily here . I am harmful to that. But hopefully with time on that day arrive."

No comments:

Post a Comment